This is my Kitchenaid Mixer, which I love! The Ice Cream Maker Attachment works pretty good. I am not a great ice cream maker so time will tell.
French Vanilla Ice Cream For Peach see note below***2 1/2 cups half-and-half
2 1/2 cups whipping cream
8 egg yolks
1 cup sugar
4 teaspoons vanilla
1/8 teaspoon salt
Fruit will be added later after the above has chilled for 8 hours, so don't prepare your fruit just yet**
2 cups chopped fruit**See note**instructions below.
1. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, heat half-and-half until very hot but not boiling, stirring often. Remove from heat; set aside.
2. Place egg yolks and sugar in mixer bowl. Attach bowl and wire whip to mixer. Turn to speed 2, and mix about 30 seconds, or until well blended and slightly thickened.
3. Continuing on speed 2, very gradually; Add half-and-half into egg/sugar mixture: mix until blended.
4. Return half-and-half mixture to medium saucepan; cook over medium heat until small bubbles form around edge and mixture is steamy, stirring constantly. Do not boil.
5. Transfer half-and-half mixture into large bowl; stir in whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. Cover and chill thoroughly, at least 8 hours.
After chilling you are ready to begin churning your ice cream. In Churn of your choice
In medium bowl combine **2 cups fresh chopped fruit add sugar to taste. Let stand while ice cream is processing. Add during last 3 to 5 minutes of freeze time
The following Instruction is for KitchenAid Mixer Ice Cream Attachment.
Assemble and engage freeze bowl, dasher, and drive assembly [separate instructions]. Turn to Stir (speed 1). Using a container with a spout, pour mixture into freeze bowl. Continue on Stir (speed 1) for 15 to 20 minutes or until desired consistency. Immediately transfer ice cream into serving dishes, or freeze in airtight container.
Yield: 20 half-cup servings