It's that time of year! Yes, time to search, shred, file, discard, add, subtract, ugh. Income Tax Time! Are you ready? Are you one that is always ready? Or, are you like me, thinking, "I told you to make those files and file as you receive!" Did I do that? You betcha (not)!
Sightseeing in Greece
That would be nice!
Must I come back to the task at hand?
I guess so!
My Old Hooker Roll Top Desk
A few of the files that I still keep on hand.
These need to be revamped with new folders, labels etc.
I see they could be little neater
You can see in the photo above the boxes of supplies to organize all paper files. I am revamping the craft room where these supplies were. Here they sit and I am going to tackle the job when I finish all of the tax paperwork.
The Cobbler's Son Has No Shoes!
I think there is a lot of truth to the saying!
I have been in a few jobs the Office Manager
In charge of organizing and running businesses.
Look at my home office!
Yes, truth to the saying!
I'm giving myself tips. You can move on if you have your's handled...
- You do this every year info already. Make a big Income Tax Return File
- Add folders to hold things such as:
- Property Taxes Paid on home and autos
- Medical expenses paid out of pocket: Doctor's visits, Pharmacy costs, even over the counter costs that apply
- Health Insurance paid out of pocket
- Interest paid on home loans etc.
- Charities and Religious Contributions
Desk full of paper, Christmas things, Santas need to be put away!
What is that flashlight doing up there?
(one item in a sea of my stuff & I talk about it 👱)
Do your husbands have tons of flashlights?
No shortage of those in this household!
A small portion of paperwork
I threw an old white sheet on top of the white quilt on bed, then began clearing the desk. Last year at this time I declared I'd never be in this shape again, yet here I am!
Would you just look!
Underneath the mounds of receipts
My packaging tape!
I looked for that over the Christmas season and here it is!
I will put that up so that it can be found
I use this tape all of the time
I'm going back up again in a moment to finish what I started, but wanted (needed) a break!
I make no resolutions because for me at least I've never been able to keep them. Oh, not from all of my procrastinating but life-people take you away. They're more important anyway.
I guess one of my goals would be to have this house organized and running like clockwork!
Do you think that would be boring?
I don't know???
IDEAS AND ROADBLOCKS
- Let's see I now have a retired spouse in the home
- He is so cute to look at (but is constantly in the way). I say that lovingly
- I am lazier now that he is at home most always! True, I mean how can you vacuum when he is constantly in front of the television?
- Ladies with spouses at home any advice?
- I need creative ways to get him to help me accomplish more and then have more time to enjoy him being home!
He does help with the dishes
He also puts away his laundry!
He hasn't quite figured out where mine go yet, but that is alright!
That has already cut my laundry time some! YAY
He will make the bed and change the sheets!
Come to think of it he is doing pretty well!
I now may have a little time for other things!
Taking a little time out for myself
That is something I rarely do!
I have family and friends that need to have lunch, shopping and ladies time!
What the heck am I waiting for?
Enjoy your New Year
I sure intend too!