I found some pretty good vine ripened tomatoes, along with a fresh bag of sweet Vidalia type onions. The miniature cucumbers were starring at me for a few days. You know this salad had to be made, don't you?
- 3 medium vine ripened tomatoes
- 4 small or 2 large cucumbers
- 1 Vidalia sweet onion
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon of each dried Oregano, Thyme, and Marjoram.
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tablespoons fresh Dill
**(if using fresh herbs double or triple the amount of herbs)
You can use Apple Cider Vinegar if you wish instead of Red Wine Vinegar if you have none.
Cut the tomatoes in half turn on their side and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
Cut sweet onion in half, turn on the side and slice into 1/4 inch slices
(Place other half in closed container and place in fridge to use in other things)
Peel and cut cucumbers into 1/4 inch slices
Into small bowl add red wine vinegar, white vinegar, olive oil, seasonings. Whisk together well.
Taste and season to your liking if needed.
Pour over vegetables, cover and chill for 2 hours before serving.
Serves 6 - 8