Sweet Homemade Whipped Honey Lemon BBQ Sauce
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar in 1 cup measuring cup
Apple cider vinegar - add to the red wine vinegar until measuring 1/2 cup total
1/2 cup water add to vinegar to make 1 cup total
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon red pepper
2 heaping tablespoons dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons honey - I used Savannah Bee Company Whipped Honey with Lemon
1 cup ketchup
2 Tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
6 boneless pork chops
Salt, pepper and paprika
slice down into 1/2 inch slices
Preheat Instant Pot on Saute
Place a few tablespoons oil of your choice
Brown the chops and remove
Saute the sliced onions until semi soft and transparent
Add to Instant Pot all of the ingredients mixing well
Add seasoned chops to pot heating through, still on saute for at least 1 minute.
Set pot on a meat setting which will pressure cook up to 30 minutes
If your pot doesn't have this setting then set for pressure cooking at the 30 minutes
Seal and cook
When finished you can let pot sit for 5 minutes then place a kitchen towel on knob
Carefully remove steam - Be sure to stand back and let it all release
Let it keep warm until serving
Remove lid and serve from Instant Pot
On this day I served over rice
PIONEER WOMAN INSTANT POT
Things I've made with this pot
- I've made soups, stews, roasts, chops, dry beans, rice, chicken bog, etc. using my own recipes
- It is something to get used to if you've always used the regular pressure cookers
- I personally have trouble remembering to set the knob on sealing, you know I'm still accustomed to using the separate jiggler as I call it...think it is a pressure gauge.
My Opinions so far about this product
- I like that it is totally quiet, and still getting used to this silence with a pressure cooker.
- It was wonderful to cook a bag of dry pinto beans from the bag within 30 - 50 minutes to my liking.
- Rice on this pot has a setting: It cooks up pretty well, with half the liquid. Remember to cut the water/broth in half for using the Instant Pot. I'm still working on this to perfect it for me.
- One pot cooking. Less pots are used, so less dish washing! Sounds great to me!
- Easy to clean.
- I like that Pioneer Woman has recipes. I've yet to use one but am sure I will one day.
- I'll update this review with further use.
I LIKE THE PRODUCT!
I've used regular pressure cookers, and canners for all of my adult life
I will continue to do so, but this little gadget as I call it will be used as well!
Disclosure: I purchased this item myself. The product reviews I do here at Hibiscus House are my own opinions, be they good or bad.